START HERE, GO ANYWHERE!
Want to work for a company that invests in innovation and people who catalyze impact in the built environment? Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list, which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels.
We find solutions for some of the world's most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You'd be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
During your career at Arup, you'll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS SPECIFIC ROLE WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Prepare shallow and piled foundation designs, slope stability calculations and seismic assessments
- Prepare desk study reports on sites due for development
- Prepare laboratory test schedules
- Use of ground investigation database systems
- Observation of construction site works and ground investigation
- Interpret ground conditions and understand their impact on design and construction
- Support the carry out of temporary support of excavation designs, for tunnel shafts and cut and cover tunnels/subway stations
- Conduct preliminary ground movement predictions and building damage assessments
- Work along with multidisciplinary teams (eg structural, civil, bridges & civil structures) to develop foundation and deep excavation designs
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Geotechnical Engineering or Civil Engineering with a focus in Geotechnical Engineering
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills essential for team-based working
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
- Must be highly motivated, proactive, and willing to take on new challenges
- The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
- Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
- Proficient in developing codes or developing analysis tools (eg MatLab, Excel, MathCAD etc.)
- Currently pursuing a Master's or PhD preferred in Geotechnical Engineering
- 3.5 GPA or higher
- EIT/FE desired
- Advanced courses in foundation, soil mechanics and rock mechanics
- Knowledge of finite element analysis software (eg Plaxis, LSDyna, FLAC, MIDAS etc.)
- Practice in slope stability analysis software (SlopeW, Slide, UTexas, etc.)
- Exposure and interest in programming (Python, Visual Basic, Rhino, Leapfrog, etc.)
- Interest in the field of underground engineering
- Active in engineering community through professional societies
- Evidence of personal investment in academic or extracurricular field
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day. Notable projects from our Geotechnical discipline include:
- 2nd Avenue Subway, New York
- Greenline Extension, Boston
- Hardberger Park Bridge, Texas
- Kensico Eastview Connector Tunnel, New York
- Edmonton LRT, Canada
Arup is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation. Should you require an accommodation in the job application or interview process please let us know by sending an email to .
FLEXIBLE WORKING - We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. Options include alternative schedules, part-time or reduced hours schedule, and/or the ability to work remotely for a portion of your work week.
Upon joining Arup your journey is likely to be varied and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. Arup offers many benefits to eligible FT employees, some of which are outlined below:
- Global Profit Share - paid out bi-annually
- Personal Health Insurance
- 401(k) - with a dollar-for-dollar company match up to 10%
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement
Arup is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. I ndividuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation. Should you require an accommodation in the job application or interview process please let us know by sending an email to .
Web Reference : AJF/215385917-8
Posted Date : Sun, 05 Dec 2021
To apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Arup. Please note ResourceCenter is not responsible for the application process on any external website.