HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Sr. Associate Scientist - Inflammation Research
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will perform research studies aimed at elucidating mechanisms of inflammation and immune-mediated regulation of cancer in order to develop novel therapies. TheSr. Associate Scientistis an integral contributor to a dynamic research team, collaborating with research scientists at multiple Amgen sites, and working closely with groups in other functional areas including Inflammation, Therapeutic Discovery, and Medical Sciences.
- Performing assays for the screening of small molecule or large molecule therapeutics.
- Developing, characterizing, and analyzing in-vivo models for autoimmunity and immunotherapy.
- Make major scientific laboratory-based contributions to the research goals of the department.
- Plan and perform laboratory experiments, analyzing data, and communicating results.
- Present analyzed results in both internal and external forums, and participate in the writing of manuscripts for publication.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The scientific professional we seek is innovative and motivated with these qualifications.
- Master's degree and 3 years Scientific experience OR
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years Scientific experience
- Experience with animal handling and in-vivo models
- Doctorate Degree
- Experience in immunology and in-vivo animal studies
Expertise in the following areas:
- Cellular immunology techniques including multi-color flow cytometry and primary cell culture experience
- Experience with animal handling and in-vivo models of autoimmunity and cancer
- Demonstrated track record of independent critical thinking and scientific achievement in research, exemplified by a strong publication record, and/or compelling contributions to a therapeutic development program
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.
Web Reference : AJF/260144582-8
Posted Date : Sat, 15 Jan 2022
To apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Amgen. Please note ResourceCenter is not responsible for the application process on any external website.